Dress For The Journey.....................

Monday, September 13, 2010

Bling

Just admit it.  You're like a magpie and you can't help but stop at each and every booth at the antique fair or shopping area that has jewelry, sequins, beads, rhinestones, metal bits - aka: shiny things.  It's okay!  Your secret is safe with me.  And, you know, I can help you out with that addiction.  I'm Sandi and I am the maker of HiBeam Bindis.  What are bindis, you ask?  Well, I'm sure you can find endless explanations on the subject, but in the world of bellydance, it is the essential facial bling that we find helps express ourselves onstage.

My process is long and tedious, but I love going into the microscopic world of light.  I love feeling like I'm helping someone express their true selves.  The bindi is in a way a crown for the face.  An embellishment that adds class, character and calls attention to the beauty of the wearer.

Though I consider these jewels perfect for stage, I believe they should be worn whenever you want to feel beautiful - at parties, weddings, dinner dates, nights at the theater, trips to the grocery store...  Pretty much anytime you want.  This is why I make a whole range of sizes, shapes and styles.  Many dancers like the big statement pieces, but I also enjoy the subtlety of the little sparkles.  There's something for everyone!

Send me an email sometime!  hibeambindis@yahoo.com

All bindis pictured are not for sale.  These are bindis past and won't be duplicated.  All are one-of-a-kind.

See you at the next show!
Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment